This month’s newsletter is chockablock full of technical blog posts from our security consultants, alongside our usual industry wrap-up; SG in the community and a mention of current career opps going at Securus.
View the original version online
Table of Contents:
• A CIO’s Approach to Developing a Security Framework 101
• Penetration Testing Applications
• Practical Security: Browser Security Settings
• Upcoming Events
• Achieving Comprehensive PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance
• The SG Community
A CIO’s Approach to Developing a Security Framework 101
One of the biggest questions we always get asked by CIOs and other senior business management in regards to Information Security and IT Risk Management is where to begin. Do you focus on purchasing security tools first, developing policies and standards or getting an audit done and working from the results of that audit?
From our experience, while all of the above can assist in some way, developing a framework about how you will think about your security position is the number one priority before you make a major investment in tools, your staff’s time or the costs of hiring consultants. You may find that a lot of the costs you estimated originally may not be needed.
Latest SG Newsletter is now available. Featuring;
How I got root with Sudo – Solutions!
Enhancements to Imperva’s SecureSphere 10.5 Platform
Does Spear Phishing Work?
Careers with Securus Global
Securus Global – Community
We hope you enjoy reading the case studies in this months newsletter.
We’ve included a variety of articles to appeal to the range of our stakeholders, from the technically minded to the executive levels and everything in between. Eg:
* Board communications security and the move to mobile technologies
* How I got root with Sudo
* Security Pitfalls of a Shared Portal
* Tripwire – Security Configuration Management
* Securus Global – Community
This months edition is jam packed full of articles, including:
* Testing New Technologies – Smoke Detection, Alarms, CCTV etc.
* Cracking .NET Membership Password Hashes
* The “most asked question” – What should companies do to minimise their security risks?
* Upcoming Events – Breakfast Brief
* Mitigate DDoS Attacks with Cloud & On-Premise DDoS Protection
* 5 Critical Steps of a Complete Security Risk & Compliance Lifecycle
* What makes good application security knowledge?
* New Securus Global Social Engineering Services
* Industry Round-up
* Securus Global – Community
Our latest newsletter is now available!
Bang for Bucks Security Investment
The Death of New Services and Consumer Confidence
Social Engineering – Should you test?
Framework for Security Standards
The “Act” of Privacy – A 10 minute guide to becoming an expert…
Qualys Webex Training – Vulnerability Management
Securus takes on MOvember!
Check out our latest Securus newsletter to see what’s been happening in the security sphere. From mandatory disclosure of data breaches, to vulnerability management, a review of penetration testing to changes in the PCI standards, in this issue, there is something of interest for everyone!
Includes the latest from the Securus newsroom, with feature articles on the latest security incidents and trends, PCI guidance, industry roundup, upcoming events and more.
Check it out:
You can also subscribe to our newsletter: